NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Social Science-History: Chapter 6: Kingdoms, Kings and an Early Republic
Question / Answer 1: State whether true or false:
- Rajas who let the ashvamedha horse pass through their lands were invited to the sacrifice. [True]
- The charioteer sprinkled sacred water on the king. [False]
- Archaeologists have found palaces in the settlements of the janapadas. [False]
- Pots to store grain were made out of Painted Grey Ware. [False]
- Many cities in mahajanapadas were fortified. [False]
Question 3: Who were the groups who could not participate in the assemblies of the ganas?
Answer: Women, shudras and kammakaras were not allowed to participate in the assemblies of the ganas.
Question 4: Why did the rajas of mahajanapadas build forts?
Answer: Building a fort served many purposes. Some of them are as follows:
- It was a way to show off the might of the raja.
- A fort made a city more secure.
- A fortified city was easier to manage.
Question 5: In what ways are present-day elections different from the ways in which rulers were chosen in janapadas?
Answer: In modern days; rulers are chosen through popular vote. But in the janapadas, a ruler was not chosen rather a person was supposed to show his supremacy to become the ruler. To do so, the raja had to perform the ashwadeha yajna so that other rajas in the mahanjanapada would accept his supremacy.
Go Back to NCERT Solutions Social Science Page Maths English Science
To start your test
register with us:
your test, registered user must login with their User Name & Password: