NCERT Solutions for Class 6th Social Science-History: Chapter 10: Traders,Kings and Pilgrims
Question 1: Match the following:
|Lords of the dakshinapatha
| Xuan Zang
||Cholas, Cheras and Pandyas
- Muvendar: Cholas, Cheras and Pandyas
- Lords of the dakshinapath: Satavahana rulers
- Ashvaghosha: Buddhacharita
- Bodhisattvas: Mahayana Buddhism
- Xuan Zang: Chinese pilgrim
Question 2: Why did kings want to control the Silk Route?
Answer: The kings wanted to control the Silk Route to protect the traders. This was done with the aim of ensuring a flourishing trade. The flourishing trade could ensure good tax collection and collection of tributes. Hence, the kings wanted to control the Silk Route.
Question 3: What kinds of evidence do historians use to find out about trade and trade routes?
Answer: Historians look for various items of trade. If a particular item comes out to be from a distant land, this shows the existence of trade relations with that part of the world. Historians also look for coins which tell a lot about history. Historians also look into accounts of traders and pilgrims.
Question 4: What were the main features of Bhakti?
Answer: Following are the main features of Bhakti:
- This was the result of people’s struggle to free the religion from control of the priests.
- A person was free to choose his ways and means to worship a god.
- Pure devotion to a deity was most important aspect.
- Any object could be used as a symbol of the god.
Question 5: Discuss the reasons why the Chinese pilgrims came to India.
Answer: The Chinese pilgrims were mainly interested in exploring about Buddha and Buddhism. Hence, they came to India.
Question 6: Why do you think ordinary people were attracted to Bhakti?
Answer: The Bhakti movement gave freedom of choice to ordinary people. They could worship any god by any method they wished. There was no need for elaborate rituals. The temple was no longer the only place of worship. Easier rules attracted people to Bhakti.
Go Back to NCERT Solutions Social Science Page Maths English Science
To start your test
register with us:
your test, registered user must login with their User Name & Password: